NCB, Peckett B2 Class, 0-6-0ST,
DCC Ready - Not Fitted (Decoder Necessary for DCC Operation)
OO Gauge .
Peckett 1426 was built in 1916 for the Glasbrook Bros. at their Garngoch Colliery No.3, which employed 468 men at that time. In 1947, as the coal mines were nationalized, Garngoch came under the NCB's South West Division, Area No. 1, No. 2 Group, which covered Morlais, Mountain and Brynlliw collieries. But by 1965 the colliery was uneconomical and the men and locomotives were transferred to Brynlliw, which had reopened in 1961 having received a £4.8 million redevelopment.
1426 remained at Brynlliw until closure in 1982, using spares from Peckett 1187 to keep running and was eventually placed in the care of the Swansea Museum, where it is currently in open storage at the Landore Reserve Collection site.
- Item Length - Without Packaging (cm) - 9.7
- Item Scale - 1:76 Scale 00 Gauge
- Finish - Painted
- Gauge - OO
- DCC Status - DCC Ready 6 pin socket
- Operator - NCB
- Designer - Peckett & Sons
- Livery - Dark Green
- Minimum Curve (mm) - Radius 1
- Motor - 3 Pole Skew wound
- Class - Peckett B2